Polly Esther Background

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Story

Every story has a beginning. Mine would be tied to ambitious goals. (It seems that most of my life stories start this way.)

I got a cookbook for Christmas, The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond. This has been no ordinary cookbook. It's filled with stories about her and her family as well as recipes. A number of these stories mention her vegetable garden, and the more I read, the more I liked the idea.

You mean I could get tomatoes from my backyard for free? And bell peppers? And onions?

The idea isn't a new one. My parents have the green thumb. Me? My thumb tends to be more along the line of khaki-green -- not sure if it's more green or brown.

Which is why I call this an ambitious goal.

*Drum roll*

The goal: a raised vegetable garden.

*Oo's and Ah's fill the room*

It's true. This ambiguous thumb is going to be creating a raised vegetable garden this spring.

And I need help.

I am a novice -- inexperienced without much knowledge on the subject.

So, I am coming to you. I'll use this to ask for tips, tricks, and that sage advice (haha- garden pun!) that I need in order to not turn this khaki-green thumb all khaki. I hope you will help, and have some fun along the way.

Well, that's it for the first day. I'm looking forward to the adventure!

Sincerely,

The GPN

a.k.a. Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment